Warm Audio DI boxes offer the rare versatility of having an onboard variable pad knob which attenuates your input signal all the way from -3dB to -30dB, which will easily tame any instrument input source. Direct Box Passive is best for balancing the signal of instruments with active electronics, but still performs extremely well on passive pickups by producing a frequency range that exceeds the bandwidth of most passive DI boxes on the market.
It includes a thru-put jack that is jumpered to the input jack. It is a convenience jack allowing you to send your instrument’s signal to a second place in addition to the live mixer or recording device. This direct box can also take a recorded signal at line level and send it to another line input while simultaneously sending signal out of the XLR mic level output of the direct box.
Connecting electronic instruments such as guitar, bass, keyboard, or drum machines directly to a PA or recording system. A DI box converts the high impedance, unbalanced output signals to low impedance, balanced output signals. By doing so, the instrument signals are now converted to the proper voltage level for the PA or recording system – which greatly reduces and/or eliminates connections which could cause tonal shifts and distortion.
- Custom-wound cinemag USA output transformer
- Converts instruments to mic-level signals without signal degradation
- Ideal solution for plugging your instrument direct into any mic pre
- Top-quality class A components with gold-plated traces on circuit board
- Rugged aluminum construction
- Pad: variable from -3DB to -30DB
- Balanced outputs: 600 OHMS, MIC LEVEL
- Input impedance: 1 MEG OHMS
- THD: .01% from 20HZ to 100HZ. Less than .004% from 100HZ to 20KHZ
- Frequency response: 20HZ TO 70KHZ +/- 0.5DB