The HOT SPOT is a vocal reproduction monitor. The HOT SPOT monitor was developed in 1977 by Galaxy's founder while touring with musicians. The need for a vocal monitor became necessary and thus the HOT SPOT was born.
The HOT SPOT works great for numerous reasons. It can be set on a microphone stand, which allow them to be positioned closer to the user. Think about it, many performers purchase a 12” or 15” floor monitor and during the performance, roll off the low end and crank up the volume so the sound will travel from the floor to their ears. It is mid range oriented and it is closer to the performer, so there will be less stage volume, which reduces feedback. Second, the HOT SPOT is physically smaller and lighter in weight, which makes it easier for transport, plus the clarity is superior to any larger floor monitor.
- The new design of the HS7 includes the convenient mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit. This allows a quick setup on top of a mic stand, with the HS7 angled upward for accurate vocal monitoring.
- The included mic stand adaptor insures a more stable and secure placement on any mic stand.
- Molded-in yoke bracket points. With the optional yoke bracket assembly the HS7 can be mounted to a wall or ceiling, or attached to a mic stand and angled in any direction.
- Microphone boom attachment on top of the HS7 eliminates the need for a second mic stand for your microphone. (Requires optional hardware).
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure.
- Each Hot Spot 7 comes equipped with two Speakon 1/4 Inch Combo speaker jacks, all of which are wired in parallel to allow easy "daisy chaining' of multiple Hot Spots.
- 18 dB Stepped Attenuator Volume Control
- 16 ohm Cabinet with Two NEOLITE 5-Inch Drivers
- 200 Watts Continuous Power Rating
- Freq. Response 150Hz-18kHz
- 126 dB SPL (200 Watts @ .5 Meter)
- Input Connections: Two Twistlock/1/4 Inch