Audix D2 Dynamic Microphone, Hyper-Cardioid
- Full response with punchy mid-bass
- Ideally suited for rack toms, congas, horns.
- VLM (very low mass) diaphragm provides excellent transient response
- Handles extremely high SPLs without distortion
- Designed, machined, assembled and tested by Audix in the USA
Product Description The D2 is lightweight, compact and easy to position. With a wide frequency response of 44 Hz – 18 kHz and the ability to handle SPLs in excess of 144 dB, the D2 is an excellent choice for miking instruments with a percussive nature such as rack toms, congas, saxophones, guitar cabinets and brass. The D2 is manufactured with a precision machined aluminum body, black anodized finish, laser etched model and serial number, steel mesh grill, Switchcraft XLR connector and is supplied with a tension-fit heavy-duty nylon microphone clip. Transformerless design, low impedance and balanced output allow for interference-free performance; even with long cable runs. Transducer Type: Dynamic Frequency Response: 44 Hz – 18 kHz Polar Pattern: HypercardioidOutput Impedance: 250 ohms Sensitivity: 1.2 mV/Pascal @ 1k Off Axis Rejection: > 30 dB Maximum SPL: >144 dB