Audio-Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone
Stereo Condenser Microphone with Cardioid and Figure-8 Elements, Selectable Stereo and Mid-Side Modes, Low-cut Filter, and 10dB Pad
Your Ticket to Great Stereo Recording!
The Audio-Technica AT4050ST stereo condenser microphone gives you amazingly natural stereo mic sound plus the kind of flexible operation you’ll love! The AT4050ST brings stereo performance to the incredibly popular AT4050. This side-address mic includes both cardioid and figure-8 elements, and it allows you to switch between M-S and two stereo modes. The AT4050ST sports a switchable low-cut filter and a 10dB pad, so you can use it on all kinds of sources. When you want an accurate stereo “picture” that sits perfectly in your mix, you need the AT4050ST!
Audio-Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone at a Glance:
- The options you want, the performance you demand
- Mid-Side recording capability – from one mic
- Step up to 40 series quality
The options you want, the performance you demand
You’ll love the results you get from the AT4050ST! This innovative stereo condenser gives you the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation. The microphone’s dual-diaphragm capsules maintain precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range. Its transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion.
Mid-Side recording capability – from one mic
Because the AT4050ST is equipped with both cardioid and figure-8 elements, it allows you to take advantage of Mid-Side recording techniques; in essence, you can change the “width” of your stereo image to suit a particular project – even after you’ve recorded! Audio-Technica built the AT4050 to give you a very flexible way to record in stereo, so you can record sources with confidence.
Step up to 40 series quality
Audio-Technica’s 40 series microphones let you capture great sound, and they let you do it the way you want. Designed from the ground up for premium performance, these 40 series mics are also built to keep on performing over the long haul – any of the great mics in this series makes a perfect addition to your mic locker! Best of all, these 40 series mics provide top-shelf A-T quality that’s suitable for elite studio facilities – at prices that put them well within your reach!
Audio-Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone Features:
- Independent cardioid and figure-of-eight condenser elements
- Switch selection of Mid-Side mode and two internally matrixed stereo modes
- Dual-diaphragm capsules maintain precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics remain constant over years of use
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Integral 80Hz low-cut filter switch and 10dB pad switch
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Integral 80Hz highpass filter switch and 10dB pad switch
- Element: Externally polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Polar patterns:Cardioid, figure-8
- Frequency response: 20Hz-18kHz
- Low-frequency roll-off: 80Hz, 12dB/octave
- Open circuit sensitivity: Stereo 90: -42dB (7.9 mV)dB re 1V at 1 Pa; Stereo 127: -41dB (8.9 mV)dB re 1V at 1 Pa; Mid: -36dB (15.8 mV)dB re 1V at 1 Pa ; Side: -36dB (15.8 mV)dB re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Max input sound level: 149dB SPL, 1kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 159dB SPL, with 10dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: Stereo 90 – 25dB SPL; Stereo 127 – 16dB SPL; Mid – 15dB SPL; Side – 17dB SPL
- Dynamic range (typical): Mid – 134dB, 1kHz at Max SPL; Side – 132dB, 1kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-noise ratio: Stereo 90 – 69dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa; Stereo 127: 78dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa; Mid: 79dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa; Side: 77dB, 1kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom power requirements:48V DC, 3.4 mA typical
- Switches: 90, 127, M-S; Flat, roll-off; 10dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 18.2 oz.
- Dimensions: 7.60″ length; 2.10″ maximum body diameter
- Output connectors: Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
- Cable: 5.0 m (16.5′) long, 8-conductor, shielded, vinyl-jacketed stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone end and two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end
- Included accessories: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 5/8″-27 threaded adapter; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- Requires +48V phantom power
The Audio-Technica AT4050ST gives you amazingly natural stereo sound and flexible performance!
Tech Specs Microphone TypeCondenserMono/StereoMid-Side, 90ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Âº, 127ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚ÂºPolar PatternCardioid, Figure-8Frequency Response20Hz-18kHzMax SPL149dB (159dB w/Pad)Output Impedance50 ohmsSignal to Noise Ratio69dB (90ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°), 78dB (127ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°), 79dB (Mid), 77dB (Side)Self Noise25dB (90ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°), 16dB (127ÃƒÆ’Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â°), 15dB (Mid), 17dB (Side)Low Cut Filter80Hz (-12dB/octave)Pads-10dBColorBlackConnector5-pin XLRWeight1.34 lbs.Included AccessoriesShock Mount, Dust Cover, Breakout CableManufacturer Part NumberAT4050ST
Be the first to review “Audio-Technica AT4050ST Stereo Condenser Microphone”
You must be logged in to post a review.