The JD-XA is a unique crossover synth that brings together analog warmth and digital versatility in one super-creative, no- compromise instrument. First, there’s a four-part, all-analog monster with true analog filters and a direct dry output. Next up is a four-part digital engine powered by Roland’s SuperNATURAL synth technology, plus an impressive selection of potent effects. The JD-XA’s engines can be used independently or interactively, providing an incredibly flexible platform for sound design, studio work, and live performance. Use the analog and digital parts side by side, stack them up for total sonic devastation, or shape digital waveforms via the analog filters to create sounds never heard before. With the JD-XA, you can forget about analog or digital—just close your eyes, imagine how the future sounds, and start creating music.
- Advanced synthesizer with independent analog and digital sound engines
- Discrete analog synth engine (four parts) with 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analog Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analog filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response to knob movements
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Incredibly fast attack envelope time
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine (four parts, 64 voices) that’s compatible with INTEGRA-7 sound libraries from Roland’s online Axial sound portal