- The Time Control is the Pre-Delay amount: 0-150ms of pre-delay. This allows for a slapback sound as the first reflections come into focus.
- Regen/Mod is the Tone Control: this is an active filter +/- 10 dB and is centered around 1.1 kHz.
- Reverb Control is the Depth Control for the reverberations
Let’s Do it Twice Mama, It’s Alright! Automatic Double Tracking (ADT) was not available in the 1950s, but we sneak it in here because it makes a wonderful sound. And, if you lengthen the time it goes right into slapback territory which is at the foundation of Country and Rock and Roll guitar sounds. Like our Keeley 30ms this pedal will do ADT. The Memphis Sun creates a vintage-voiced double-track in mono. Your guitar playing “Gemini-Twin” in this case has a very warmed up tone. Adjusting the Time Control lets you easily create anything from Double Tracking to Slapback with up to 180ms of dealy time.
- Time: Delay Time is 0-180ms. For Automatic Double-Tracking set this control at the second mark or lower, 0-30ms. For slapback echo 30-180ms sounds great. The knob markers notate 0,30,60, 90, 120, 150, and 180ms
- Regen/Mod: This is the Modulation for the ADT voice created. Set to OFF for no Rate or Depth. As you increase this control both the Rate and Depth of “Tape” modulation are increased.
- Reverb: Old Rock-and-Roll Room Reverb. RnR RR Right? Clickety Clack, RR Track.
Rock and Roll is the Devil’s music, right? Of course we made the delay time up to 666ms to simulate some unearthly echo machine that never really existed. Filtering in the Slackback Mode is done in stages. First we heavily filter the response at 1 kHz then compress the thing. Remember the concept… pack a bunch of sound in a small room and it compresses. Next we filter it again at 1 kHz! Sounds like Rock and Roll, right? Aaron Tackett is our Rock and Roll Doctor of DSP here at Keeley. Not only is he devilishly good looking, he has a way of making waves look good, adding curves so to speak. He has added 2nd and 3rd order harmonics to this mix that simulate tape response and equipment distortions. Waves folded back on themselves. Your gonna love his curves.
- Time: 30-666ms \m/ \m/
- Regeneration: As Jack White says, “Three.” Up to three repeats. Or sometimes six….
- Reverb: It’s Still Rock-and-Roll Room Reverb to Me