Product DescriptionDream Cymbals 17" Vintage Bliss Series Crash/Ride VBCRRI17
Vintage Bliss Dream cymbals are the darkest of all the Dream series'.
(a 17 Vintage Crash-Ride will be darker than even a standard 18 Bliss Crash-Ride)
The very first Bliss prototypes were a unique micro-lathed hand-hammered cymbal with a signature
soft edge, low profile bell and gradual taper.
Overnight these became collector’s items. So popular, Dream released them as their own specific
line as the Vintage Bliss.
The unique shape and weight of these cymbals give them an awesome dark pitch and rich deep decay
while maintaining a warm and fairly clear stick sound. Supremely responsive and full bodied they also
have a fairly fast decay.
These make truly functional crash-rides... full and punchy when crashed while maintaining a
defined riding stick sound supported by a balanced wash.
- Surface: micro-lathed by hand
- Bow: low gentle bridge
- Bell: broad shoulder, smooth transition medium low height
- Weight: thin tapers at edge
- Hammering: hand hammered before and after lathing
- Stick: woody round attack
- Wash: tons of wash, dragons breath, quick decay